Sunlight

Sunlight

Interesting thing about sunlight… I am often oversensitive to it. It's too bright, gives me hives (not just sunburn but hives!) I prefer indirect lighting most of the time. People who get excited by sunny days and I rarely hit it off! I prefer overcast days. I just feel better those days.

You've heard about SAAD? People who have problems from a deprivation of sunlight? I have the opposite. I have a lot of problems if I get too much sunlight.

However, there was one period of my life when I craved sunlight. It was very strange for me because I'd never been like that before. I became like "those other people!" The sunlight did not affect me negatively, and the moment I woke up, while I was still in bed, I CRAVED that light and would open my window shade and stare out the window. - There was nothing to see but fire escape bars. I wasn't looking at the view. I just needed that light. First thing in the morning. The moment I woke up, I had to have sunlight right away. It was very odd for me. I thought "Really? I'm doing this?? Me???" - I was!

That passed eventually. Now I'm back to preferring indirect or overcast light. - Wintertime light? Great for me. Everything black and white and grayscale. Don't get me wrong, I like colors! But winter light is often more soothing to me. Fall light especially. Less stark and glare too.

Not surprisingly, I found out a while ago that I'm vitamin D deficient. Oh well.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)