Hallowed


Hallowed

Funny... I thought "Hallowed be thy name" but I was also picturing the Geddysburg address.

"...we cannot dedicate, we cannot consecrate, we can not hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead who have struggled here have consecrated it far above our poor power to add or detract."

I memorized the whole thing when I was about ten. My choice. I did it as a memory exercise. I did pretty well. I checked the quote above via Google after I typed it, and I only had 2 words wrong (I changed them!)

2 comments

Great job, NQ!

May 1, 2012 at 3:57 PM
 

Thank you :) But those two words I got wrong are stuck in my head! Makes me wonder if I'm mis-remembering, or if the copy I memorized back then had it wrong and I AM remembering what I learned!

May 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM
 

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)