Swing

Swing

Interesting... The first thing that came to my mind was "swingers." I recently had a conversation about open marriages - I'm not married. It wasn't about me! We were actually talking about cheating spouses, and a situation that involved a wife repeatedly sticking by her husband despite his history of cheating on her.

I'd said that if they'd had an open marriage and were both ok with that, his actions wouldn't bother me so much (not that it's any of my business either way.) Then I said, maybe they DO have an open marriage and just never told anyone. Then I realized that, if he keeps cheating, and she keeps sticking by him, that's exactly what they have. An open marriage they're both ok with.

3 comments

Why bother to get married if you're going to be messing around with other people? I think people are just retarded.

March 7, 2012 at 4:31 PM
 

Ha! when I started with this word, I went to swingers first too (on my head). But wrote more about childhood swings......

March 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM
 

Judy, you made me LOL, and it's around 5am so that's not small feat! I don't understand why certain things are ok with some people, but if all involved people agree, then so be it. Though I still wouldn't want that for me!

Sebtown, I almost did the same thing! But the childhood swing that came to mind is one I've written about before, so I figured "go ahead with the first thought!"

March 8, 2012 at 5:26 AM
 

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)