Half

Half

Somehow, this reminded me of a book, that has nothing to do with this word. It's called "Six is So Much Less Than Seven."

For some reason, I thought of loss when I saw this word today. Not in a glass half empty kind of way, because that's half of the same liquid. That's about quantity, not about completion. Not about different halves that are lacking other parts needed to be whole. A whole heart, a whole soul, a whole unit... I don't think singleness is sad. A single person is still whole. But half of something that is lacking another part to form its whole.... that's what I felt today when I saw this word. "Half." "Not complete." Something that's missing. I felt loss.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)