Skyline

Skyline

Superman :)

I remember the original, I remember the Christopher Reeve version, I liked the guy on Smallville... Canadian guy... didn't watch the show much but saw the finale. I also recently saw a later film that I thought was surprisingly true to the franchise, but a bit draggy (as in tempo, not cross dressing ;) )

When I was around 10, I bought a large Superman comic book. It was at least an inch thick. More like an anthology. It was the first time I read about how he came to be Superman, and I was totally drawn in. I can still remember the images of the toddler and the ship, and the couple finding him.

I had a lot of Super Hero dreams back then. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, - Charlie's Angles ;) We made pretty great teams for a number of years.

In the real world, kids were ignored. People assumed kids knew nothing and could make no valid contributions to conversations, society, or the planet. Kids were thought to be stupid. Living in the "real world" was frustrating.

In my dreams, the bad guys also thought kids were stupid, knew nothing, and could make no valid contribution to conversations, society, or the planet. So they also ignored me. But in my dreams, that was my advantage.

6 comments

you are superwoman - - you typed all that in 60 seconds?!

November 30, 2011 at 6:24 PM
 

No. Lol! Nor will tomorrow's be 60 seconds! (I just finished it but it won't post until the word changes over.)

60 seconds is not a requirement. It's more of a goal than a limitation. A way to get you writing one way or another.

The way I look at it, once I've reached 60 seconds I can stop! Lol! - Or not. Kind of like NaBloPoMo. NaBloPoMo's goal is to post for 30 days. But once you've fulfilled that requirement, you don't have to stop. You can keep going if you'd like :)

November 30, 2011 at 6:31 PM
 

FYI, I should clarify that at OneWord.com 60 seconds is not meant to be a limitation. There are some sites with similar exercises where the goal IS to write exactly for a period of time and then stop no matter what. No fixing typos, no corrections, no nothing. - Not so with OneWord. They just want to inspire you to write. Once the timer on their site "pings" the end of 60 seconds (and it's a nice gentle "ping") the page doesn't lock up. You can keep writing as long as you'd like.

November 30, 2011 at 6:37 PM
 

Whew! I was starting to get an inferiority complex! My mind doesn't work that fast :). Maybe I'll check out the website and exercise my brain!

November 30, 2011 at 8:07 PM
 

Oh! I thought it HAD to be 60 seconds and when I tried it I didn't like the time limitation and got all panicky about getting it finished. . . . typical me- get panicky about an arbitrary internet time limitation. . . .

December 25, 2011 at 11:06 PM
 

That's what I've been trying to tell you silly! :P It's not a limit. It's a suggested time. That's why I like it. Because it does let you keep going and finish up your thought or fix typos. - Whether your thought is a few more words or a few more paragraphs!

December 26, 2011 at 5:32 AM
 

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)