Mint

mint

When I was younger we'd visit relatives in California, and one of our stops was the U.S. Mint in San Francisco. My grandfather was into coin collecting, so that's probably how that became one of our regular stops. The chocolate factory was another place. So was the biggest hill and the windiest road. Big thrills for my dad but I didn't understand what the appeal was with these. I mean I was in a car, not wagon. There was also a Chinese (Japanese?) garden with a kid's train in it. (and a bridge over some water with koi) No hills, no winding road, just a small train track that went in a slow flat circle. Now THAT was fun! :)

0 comments

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)