Wasteland

wasteland…

Wish I could take a snapshot of the image in my brain.

I’m reminded of a project from first grade. It wasn’t my project. Someone else made it. It was made from a styrofoam cup, some cardboard or cardstock, and a bunch of sand and rocks I think. The cup was on its side and mounted to the wall, and a “peephole” was cut into the bottom. When you looked through (to the enclosed layer of sand and rocks) you were supposed to be seeing how our future world would look if we kept having pollution. (Pollution was big when I was in grade school!) I looked through the peephole all the time. I found it fascinating.

I find it fascinating now that I was fascinated by *that* back then!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)