Amuse

Amuse

"We are not amused...."

Amusement park.

I've always had dreams about amusement parks. When I was young they were dark dreams. Funhouses mostly. I don't have as many of those darker dreams nowadays, but I dream about amusement parks very often.

Lots of times it's about Disney. - Except it's not Disney. But in the dream it is. And sometimes it happens to be one that's close by and open seasonally. Why it's specifically Disney in those cases and not just any o'le amusement park I'm not sure. Sometimes there are water parks next door too which I'm always trying to figure out how to fit in. Very often there's something about a main roller coaster I want to go on, but as with the real Disney, the park is large, some lines are long, meeting up with people is complicated, and there never seems to be enough time to get everything in when and how I'd like.

Sometimes I'm there when the park opens and there aren't many people yet. Sometimes I "remember" about the park late in the day and wonder if it's worth it to go for a couple of hours before the park closes... will I get enough done in that short time to justify the cost of the ticket... is even that little bit better than nothing.... will it be a waste of time and money for only a few hours since - with walking, and lines and all - I'll probably only get to do ONE ride before closing.

Time management, theme parks, and getting everything in I want to do seem to be the common themes in these dreams. And a longing of some kind. Wanting to be able to fit in what I want "this time" and not leaving feeling like I've missed out on what I really wanted to do most, again.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)