Glimmer

Glimmer

My mind is on the water these days... I've learned so many things. Things other people probably never stop to realize "I didn't know this at one time."

I love that I've learned the difference between the sound a Pelican makes as it crashes into the water (Disintegrating upon entry is how someone described it!), the sounds that fish make jumping in and out of the water (They really do jump. Some little ones jump super high!), and the sounds that dolphins make (plural because there's usually two) as they swim along, breach, and re-enter the surface.

I don't even have to turn around to know what's happening within a certain radius of me now. I know without looking, because even with my eyes closed, breathing in the air... I now know the sounds. And I love that.

And "glimmer?" Sunrises and sunsets on the surface of that water.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)