Runway

Runway

My first thought was "Runaway." - I'll save that for tomorrow maybe ;)

Runway...

A friend and I took a modeling class together when we were around 14 yrs old. Our mothers signed us up. It was... odd.

I wasn't interested in modeling, and to be honest, neither were the teachers. The whole purpose of the "class" was to teach teens about how to improve their health, their hair, their bedrooms, their clothes, their makeup, and oh look! This store has ALL the items you need for that! You can get them after class if you'd like!

The class did culminate with a fashion show and runway walk. We were taught nothing about that of course. I didn't like my outfit, I didn't like my makeup, but there was free food. There was always free food. That was the best part of the course. If nothing else, my friend and I definitely ate our parent's money's worth of cheese, fruit, and vegetable platters.

1 comments

When I first saw the word, I too thought Runaway - ha! Must be because I wouldn't mind being one? But then I went to a whole different place with runway - NEVER even thought about runway as in fashion --

January 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM
 

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)