Funeral

Funeral

I didn't want to go to them when I was younger. I wanted to remember people the way they were. I didn't want to go to memorial services either. I was aggravated. Felt like it was private. I felt like I'd be annoyed with other people there.

Who were they to impose their feelings on me or expect me to act a certain way? They didn't know the deceased the way I did. They knew them the way THEY did, which was fine, but I didn't want to deal with them. I wanted to grieve in my own way.

Now I attend them, and can't think of a reason why I wouldn't, unless I expected to run into people there I didn't want to see.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)