Manager

Manager

I don't really like managing. I like doing. Managers tend to sit back with a lot of paperwork in small offices with desks and phones. - That's not my idea of living.

If people need someone to get them organized I can do that. I can "manage" people, but I wouldn't want that to be my every day job.

I've often annoyed "higher ups" by turning down managerial positions and staying at my lower paying position. Their confusion about my not wanting the "honor" of their promotion - or the pay increase - and their lack of understanding as to why anyone would like the job I currently had, told me a lot about how much they'd lost touch with their clients and the mission of their companies. They no longer dealt with either. They dealt with paper.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)