Secretary

"It's great to be a secretary in the White House, DC.
You get inside information on Algeria.
You know every move they're making in Liberia,
You learn what's what and what is not in the land of the free.
Every corner that you turn you meet a notable,
with a statement that is eminently quotable.
Oh it's great to be a secretary in the White House, DC"


Lyrics again. Did that show years ago. Didn't even like it. Still doesn't stop me from remembering the lyrics. Though I'm uncertain about one word... and I think I was uncertain about it then too.

Have I mentioned before that I still know all the lyrics AND dance movements to my first grade Easter play? ;)

4 comments

Anonymous

Er, unless your Monica? was she a secretary. . .displaying my total ignorance of American politics. . . hey, I'm just a hick Aussie.

August 31, 2011 at 1:48 AM
 

MONICA! Lol! Oh you're terrible. It took me a bit to get the reference (I'm quicker when I'm not "out of it!")

She was an intern.

You know he's come out of that all pretty much unscathed and respected. Lots of people think that was his private business and he shouldn't be judged professionally for it. I disagree. With power comes responsibility. IMO, he will always be guilty. I don't blame her much. I believe I'm in the minority though.

August 31, 2011 at 6:10 PM
 
Anonymous

Well, that's a minority of two then- I'm with you. It's like a doctor/teacher etc, he was in a position of power, and he abused it. End of story. Typical that he came out of it unscathed.

September 1, 2011 at 7:21 AM
 

Very strange to me how many people think that's minor now. Cheating on his wife is bad enough in my book. Doing it with an intern is loads worse IMO. Top it off with having been in a position of power and that's 3 strikes all in one go for me!

Minority of two :D

September 1, 2011 at 9:02 AM
 

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)