Umbrella

The song comes to mind.

Childhood umbrellas. I remember a clear plastic one that was shaped like a dome. Not flat like other umbrellas. I believe there was a cartoon character on it. I'm picturing the color red, yellow, and black, but I can't remember what the character was. I want to say Annie, but that might be incorrect. I think there was a red plastic ball on the tip too, but I also remember a long silver tip, so maybe not?

I tried jumping off the jungle gym with it once. You know.... to use it as a parachute. It didn't work. I considered jumping from higher spots to catch more air, but wasn't completely confident that that was the problem and decided to not take the risk.

I experimented but I wasn't a complete idiot.

6 comments

"but wasn't completely confident that that was the problem..." LOL! Love it.

August 27, 2011 at 11:45 AM
 

Thankfully I think things through - a LOT!

August 28, 2011 at 9:55 AM
 
Anonymous

I had this really cool umbrella with smiling/grinning (not similes) cats around the edge. I'd coveted for ages but finally broke down and paid an exorbitant amount of money for it. I prayed for rain! Then, after about 2 months I left in a lecture theatre and someone stole it. :-( So sad. What's worse, it was in the Education building; some horrid potential teacher out there stole my umbrella!

August 31, 2011 at 1:54 AM
 

Darned teachers!!!

Did you put a note up? You think someone would notice that the next time it was used!

August 31, 2011 at 5:52 PM
 

No, I just sulked about it for a good decade or so. Have never seen one I like enough to want to replace it. Instead I have a floral umbrella my mother brought me that is the very last thing I'd ever buy for myself- that's how it is with her presents- and that one I can't lose!

September 8, 2011 at 4:31 AM
 

No, of course not ;)

September 8, 2011 at 7:46 AM
 

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)