Entice

Entice

Entice makes me think of a deliberate action from another, with an intent to manipulate a specific outcome.

There is no "other" swaying my reason right now. There's just me. Nevertheless, I'm being pulled and swayed towards a set of decisions that might not be best in the long run. Decisions swayed by emotion rather than reason or logic. I think that must be bad. Or maybe it's not. It's different for me.

Logic and reason think towards the future. If I do this and this and that, THEN this other thing will be better. Logic and reason are about planning and outcomes... about putting things off... waiting. An emotional choice would address now. What about now? Living in the moment. Not for an unknown tomorrow or a future that may never come. I want to be happy now.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)