Flip

Flip

BAIN OF MY EXISTENCE!!!

I borrowed a flip mino HD recorder from a friend, hoping I could shoot some video with it for another friend. The only thing worse than bouncy video, is bouncy video in HD! It's awful. It picks up every single movement with nauseating clarity. The picture is only clear if it's on a tripod.

I tried several after-video stabilizing software applications. None did everything I needed. (How do some of these neglect to include a CROP feature??!)

As for hardware, steadicam handles cost too much, so I tried making some - Fail. There's tutorials online but you need tools and a shop and a real hardware store for that.

- OH! And I forgot to mention the part where the battery was so screwy it took me two days of messing with it to get the thing to hold a charge!

Anyway... I haven't returned it yet. My friends don't need it right now and maybe I'll find a way to get ok results from it. So far though, epic fail. Which is upsetting because I thought a better camera might yield better results. .... Nope!

1 comments

Lol! Your comment is the first thing I read this morning, and you made me laugh. Thank you for that!

How can they not have image stabilization built into that thing?! I think the clarity is amazing but what does it matter if the slightest movement ruins everything?

Still think it'd work great with a steadicam handle - If I find someone to lend me their $600 one!

Thanks for stopping by!

April 9, 2012 at 8:33 AM
 

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)