Pins

Pins

I'm thinking of Home Ec again...

How many kids won't know which direction pins should face when they sew with a machine?

- How many kids will even sew with a machine?

It's a disposable time. Something breaks or stains, get a new one. If it's something very nice, pay someone else to fix it.

I wonder if there'll be a time when that's reversed again. When people will be more self reliant and dispose less of their things. When people will buy (and make) things to last.

I wonder if I, and some people from my generation (minus those who've crossed over to the dark side!) will be the last to think this way, or if someday people will laugh at the time when everyone did not.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Click the "Subscribe by email" link below to receive follow-up comments to this post. (To subscribe to the blog as a whole, see "Follow/RSS" at the top of this page.)